Cape Cod Ballroom Dancers is a chapter of the national USA Dance organization.
As such it is our mission to support, on our local level, the USA Dance Educational and Charitable Mission and to offer appropriate Chapter Social and Community Activities.
Educational and Charitable Mission:
To promote ballroom dancing as a recognized recreational activity and a sport providing opportunities to all local ballroom dancers.
- Educating the general public on how ballroom dancing can greatly enhance the physical and mental well-being and health of its participants regardless of age, ability or interest level.
- Educating the general public — from preschool to seniors— about the social benefits of participating in organized dance activities.
- Fostering and promoting a willingness and spirit of cooperation among co-existing local dance and social organizations, including those of amateur dancers and teaching professionals and other interest groups, to sustain a high level of interest in ballroom dancing.
- Providing a means of information exchange and promoting healthy and productive interactions among the various amateur and professional members of the local dance community.
- Promoting and supporting local youth social and competitive ballroom dance programs.
Chapter Social and Community Activities:
Cape Cod Ballroom Dancers creates opportunities for local ballroom dancers by organizing affordable social dances, dance lessons and workshops.
Chapter members offer dance education and live demonstrations in nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals, schools, shopping malls and other public places, while striving to educate the public regarding the health and social benefits of ballroom dancing.The goal of CCBD is to serve the national mission on a local level as a leader and a motivation for ballroom dance activities for both youth and adults in the community.